Dear Readers, Sirasana is very powerful and energized yoga pose. This pose is difficult to perform and if it is performed incorrectly it may lead to serious bone injury or health problem. It is very important that one should focus and use proper technique before performing this asana on your own.
Benefits of Sirasana
When it performed with complete strength focus and care it will be a powerful part of the yoga practice. This pose requires mental fortitude, skill, and focus.
It challenges the whole body and develops the core strength. It helps to stay balanced from head to toes.
Know about: Sirasana Yoga For Tight Skin Hair and Health.
Sirasana Yoga Perfect Steps
1. Place the hands on the floor in proper way and knees with the wrists beneath the shoulders and knees below the hips.
2. Slowly bring the forearms on the floor by directly keeping the elbows beneath the shoulders.
3.clasp both the hands around the opposite side elbow. Keep the elbows at the right distance apart.
4. Now release the hands from the elbows.
5. Clasp the hands together carefully by interlacing the fingers.
6. Place the head crown on the floor comfortably. Never hold the skull with hands. At the bases of the thumbs rest the back of the head.
7. Carefully lift the hips and straighten the legs.
8. Slowly bring the feet towards the head until the hips get close to over the shoulder.
Make sure the body weight is on forearms and head which would be working to keep the complete body balance.
Sirasana Perfect Steps Method 1
1. Bend the knees.
2. Lift the foot from the floor by drawing the knees to the chest carefully.
3.When the feet raised up towards the roof keep the knee in and keep the proper balance for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Now come down by reversing the same steps which were followed to get into the pose. All the movements must be controlled and careful.
5.Finish in child pose and rest for few seconds
Sirasana Perfect Steps Method 2
1. Legs must keep straight.
2. Raise one leg towards the roof.
3. Now raise the other leg towards the ceiling.
4. Keep the balance and stay for 15 to 30 minutes in the same pose.
5. Now come down by reversing the same method which is used to get into the pose. All the movements must be slow and careful.
6. Finish the pose with child pose and rest for 1 minute.
One can use a blanket under the head and shoulder. All people are not equal in weight and shape so distribute the body weight properly. Head and shoulders are bearing the whole body weight so practice to balance it to avoid any harm.
Might be you are yoga expert, if headstand is done incorrectly or following the steps with high speed to get into the pose or coming down out of the pose leads to major damage.
Perform carefully and slowly with focus and breath and check the body balance properly.
Is Sirasana Impossible to Perform?
Don’t worry other poses in yoga have similar benefits. If any health issue, surgery, bone injury, nerves problem or any other health problem follow other yoga poses similar to sirasana.
To know which other poses are similar to sirasana but easy to perform read my next article.
Sirasana Yoga Perfect Steps Method 3
Before starting this method
Carefully straighten the knees vertically.
Carefully lift the leg towards the ceiling when the other leg is already up.
Full Headstand Sirasana Yoga
1.Once both the legs are towards the ceiling, reach through the balls of the feet.
2.Press down into your forearms with strength.
3.Hold the same position for 5 to 30 minutes.
4.Come down by reversing the steps you used to get into the pose.
Finish the pose and rest in child pose for 1 minute.
Safety while performing Sirasana
Performing sirasana improperly can injure the neck. The spine bone in the neck is delicate it cants bear the whole body weight. Perform this asana under the supervision of a yoga expert to avoid any injury.
If you are able to perform and can balance whole body weight on shoulders and head. Then attempt full headstand at home on your own.
Note: If anyone has a health problem or any type of bone injury or pain avoid Sirasana. People with high blood pressure must avoid inversion poses and Sirasana. Take the doctor to advise before performing any yoga.
If you are not able to sleep properly, stressed or weak and fatigue avoids Sirasana. It needs complete strength of body and mind to perform.
One can take wall support to perform this asana but remember the body and legs must be straight.
Do let me know your feedback on the Sirasana yoga perfect steps.