Ophthalmologists at the hospital say the number of eye diseases is raising these days as the temperature and pollution are going up day-by-day.Doctors say that they received very less number of such complaints among youth earlier, but now they are getting most of the cases from youth only.
Factors that increase your risk of cataracts include:
*Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
*Excessive exposure to sunlight
*Exposure to ionizing radiation, such as that used in X-rays and cancer radiation therapy
*High blood pressure
*Previous eye injury or inflammation
*Previous eye surgery
*Prolonged use of corticosteroid medications
This is the clear part of your eye that covers your iris and pupil. Pterygia usually don’t cause problems or require treatment, although they can be removed if they interfere with your vision.
Causes of Pterygium
Itching, Redness, Burning and Clear, watery discharge
Infected conjunctivitis often comes when dirty fingers, towels, handkerchiefs, or face clothes touch the eye. Symptoms appear 24–72 after you catch conjunctivitis.
How Do I Prevent Allergic Conjunctivitis?
How is Computer Vision Syndrome treated?
Eat Good food for Vision
Staring at a computer screen for too long can cause:
- Blurry vision
- Trouble focusing at a distance
- Dry eyes
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain
Taking the following steps to protect your Eyes Care:
- Make sure your glasses or contact lens prescription is up-to-date and adequate for computer use.
- Some people may need glasses to help with contrast, glare, and eye strain when using a computer.
- Position your computer so that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
- Try to avoid glare on your computer from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare screen if needed.
- Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- If your eyes are dry, blink more.
- Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. At least every 2 hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.